Great Salomon Men's Quest 4D GTX Fast Light Backpacking Boot
Ideal for short-haul backpacking, the Quest 4D GTX Hiking Boot helps you traverse rugged terrain as comfortably as possible. Featuring waterproof Gore-Tex lining, a 4D chassis, and a non-marking Contagrip outsole, these boots combine the durability of a backpacking shoe with the weight and flexibility of a trail runner.Evolv Men s Defy, Irish Setter Wingshooter, Merrell Men s Tough, Columbia Sportswear , Saucony Men s ProGrid, Shimano SH-R087 , Nike Air Max Excellerate , Nike Trainer 1.3 Max, Northwave 2013 Fighter, ECCO Men s Street , Salomon XR Crossmax , Adidas Men s Terrex, Saucony Men s Cortana, Merrell Men s Phaser , Salomon Men s XA Comp, Scarpa Boostic Climbing, Merrell Men s Geomorch, Columbia Men s Master, Lowa Renegade II, DVS Men s Militia , Bogs Men s Tradesman, La Sportiva Makalu, Nike Lunar Ascend, Irish Setter Rutmaster , Irish Setter Trailblazer 867, INOV8 Terrafly, New Balance MT110 , adidas Powerband 4.0, Nike Shox TLX, GUESS Gable 3 Sneakers, adidas Men s Mundial, Adidas Men s Kumacross , Nike Zoom Kobe VII, Mizuno Wave Creation, Nike Golf Men s , ASICS GEL-KINSEI , NIKE AIR MAX LTD, Saucony Men s Progrid , Nike Air Force 1, Salomon Men s Nytro, Reebok Men s ZigWild , Nike Lunar Hyperdunk , Cushe Men s Xsige, Quiksilver Men s Rf1, Adidas adiPURE , Columbia Sportswear, Mizuno Men s Wave , Saucony Men s Endorphin, Nike Shox NZ, Nike Air Structure, Puma Complete TFX , Nike Shox Air
At a Glance:
- Split suede leather and textile upper is flexible and secure
- Waterproof Gore-Tex lining reduces hot spots
- Rugged Contagrip outsole with multidirectional lugs for traction
- 4D chassis controls flex for stability
- Protective rubber toe and heel caps
Suede Leather Upper and Lightweight Midsole for Stability
The Quest's split suede leather and textile upper securely holds the foot in place, reducing strain on the toes during downhill sections. The tall shaft protects against ankle injuries, while a molded EVA midsole reduces overall boot weight.Nike Trainer 1.3 , adidas Outdoor Terrex, FiveTen Hellcat , Adidas adiZero, adidas World Cup , Sperry Top-Sider, Dexter Men s SST 5 , Oakley Men s SI , Adidas Men s Ax 1, Wolverine Men s W05539 , KEEN Men s Alamosa, Adidas Freshride M, Nike Huarache Free, ECCO Men s Golf, NIKE AIR JORDAN , Ahnu Elkridge Mid Hiking, adidas OUTDOOR Terrex, Adidas adiZero Feather , Vasque Men s Rift, Pearl iZUMi Race, Asics Gel Resolution, Teva Men s Riva, Mephisto Men s Rapid, Adidas Tour360 , ONITSUKA TIGER , Zoot Men s Ultra TT , Nike Air Trainer, adidas Men s Matt Wizard, Keen Men s Bryce , Vibram Fivefingers, Quiksilver Men s Rf1, NIKE ZOOM STRUCTURE, ASICS Men s GEL-Tech, FiveTen Men s Camp , New Balance MR940 , ASICS GEL-Cirrus33, ECCO Men s BIOM, Pearl iZUMi , Columbia Bugaboot, Brooks Ravenna 3, Saucony Progrid Stabil, adidas Men s Marathon, Timberland Chocorua , Nike Men s Zoom, Nike Mens Powerlines, Sorel Women s Joan, MBT Men s Mahuta , Merrell Men s Eagle , ECCO Men s BIOM, ASICS Gel Noosa Tri, Mizuno Wave Prophecy , ASICS Gel-Noosa Tri, Timberland Women s Lexiss, Timberland Women s 21647,
Waterproof Gore-Tex for Year-Round Hiking
The Quest features breathable, seam-sealed Gore-Tex lining that reduces hot spots so your feet stay comfortable in warmer temperatures as well as in cold, wet conditions.
Contagrip Outsole and 4D Chassis for Sturdy Grip
A rugged non-marking Contagrip outsole contains an ascending lug pattern in the front and a braking pattern in the rear to provide extra traction for rough terrain. The 4D advanced chassis between the midsole and outsole enhances stability by reducing ankle strain and controlling flex.
Mizuno Wave Creation , ASICS Gel-Nimbus, ASICS Gel Speedstar , ASICS Gel-Kinsei 4, Nike Wmns Free Run , ASICS GT 2170, Mizuno Women s Wave, The Original MuckBoots, ASICS Gel Kayano, The Original MuckBoots , Hunter Original , Sorel Women s Cate , Columbia Women s Minx , New Balance WR993 , Nike Wmns Free 5.0 , Womens Nike Air, ASICS GEL-Nimbus , Sorel Women s 1964, Bogs Women s Mckenna, ASICS Gel-Cirrus33 , Sorel Women s Tivoli, Womens Nike Air Max, Nike Air Max 2012, Mizuno Women s Wave, Salomon Emmy WP, The Original MuckBoots, Brooks Adrenaline GTS, KEEN Women s Hoodoo, KEEN Women s Targhee II, Mizuno Wave Nirvana , Bogs Women s Classic, Womens Nike Shox, Nike Free Run 5.0 , Vibram Fivefingers KSO, Nike Lady Free Run, ASICS GEL-Nimbus 12 , Nike Women s Air Max, MBT Tabia Toning , KEEN Women s Betty, Brooks Women s Ghost, Nike Wmns Air Max, Hunter Women s Orgshtw, Teva Women s Vero, Ted Baker Women s Ilarria2 , Dansko Women s Crepe, LOEFFLER RANDALL , Hunter Original Tall , New Balance W1140 , Mizuno Wave Lightning , Capezio Crystal Nadia , Sorel Women s 1964
OrthoLite Footbed Keeps Feet Comfortable
The OrthoLite footbed is designed with cushioning foam to reduce friction, keeping your feet comfortable as you run. EVA in the heel provides extra cushion for heel striking.
Gilly Lacing System for Customized Fit
Gilly lacing on the Quest 4D GTX boots ensures a customized fit for a wide variety of feet. A gusseted tongue relieves lace pressure and keeps trail debris out of your boot, while rubber toe and heel caps protect sensitive areas from abrasion.New Balance Wr1012 , Nike Air Max 2012 , ASICS GT-2000, ASICS GEL-Cumulus, MBT Kesho MJ , New Balance W990, New Balance WW956 , Nike Air Max 2012, Burberry Sandal Clog , UGG Australia, Salomon Women s Speedcross, Hunter Women s Original , Marc Jacobs 626540, Brooks Women s Glycerin, Stuart Weitzman Walking, Bogs Women s Classic, Salomon Women s Snowcat, Saucony Women s Pro , SKECHERS Ladies, Camilla Skovgaard London, SCARPA Women s SL M3, Sorel Women s Fernie, Le Chameau Vierzon, Mizuno Wave Elixir, Marc Jacobs 626241, ECCO Women s Cool , Baffin Women s Nunavut, ASICS Gel Resolution, UGG Australia , MBT Women s Wia, Teva women s Lenawee, ASICS Gel-Neo33, ASICS GT 2160, Mizuno Wave Creation , Sorel Conquest Carly , Salomon Speedcross 3, Keen Women s Gypsum, Brooks Women s Addiction, Saucony Powergrid, Ariat Women s York , Asics Women s GEL , Le Chameau Country Lady, Nike Lady Air, EMU Australia , Rockport Women s Addison, Nike Women s Shox, Bogs Women s Plimsoll, MBT Women s Sport, La Sportiva Miura , New Balance W1540, Nike AIR MAX , Columbia Women s Minx
What's in the Box
Salomon Men's Quest 4D GTX Hiking Boot.
So far this season I've hiked aobut 120 miles in these. To some that's a lot more than they would typically do, for others that's a few days on the AT. When I look at boots I expect them to last a few seasons and be comfortable in all conditions.
* these boots needed no break-in, they were comfortable from day one. Salomon has a reputation for making hiking boots and shoes based on the exact fit from their ski boot experience, and this shows. Slip in, great heel cup, great ankle support, never once had any discomfort.
* the laces stay put. They don't shift, they don't come undone, they lace up and that's that.
* the grip is great. this season encountered temps from the 80s to the 20s, winds upwards of 70mph, rain, snow, and no - that wasn't all on the same day! Never once did I feel the grip was lacking or my stability in question.
* waterproofing has been 100%. I take care of my boots, wipe them down, spray them with sealant, etc, but ultimately it's up to the goretex liner to work, and it has.Columbia Women s Bugaboot , Brooks Ravenna 3 , UGG Australia, MBT Women s Chapa, Finn Comfort Garmisch, UGG Evera Pewter , Sorel Medina Rain, Lowa Renegade GTX, Womens Nike Shox, ASICS Gel-Kayano, Saucony Progrid Omni , Coach Tristee Rain Boot, Keen Women s Gypsum, Keen Women s Oregon, New Balance Ww928, Mizuno Wave Inspire, Bogs Plimsoll Tall, Merrell Avian Light , Nike Lady Free, Nike Lady Lunarglide, Vasque Women s Taku , Mizuno Women s Wave, Brooks Ghost GTX , ASICS LADY GEL-KINSEI, Mizuno Wave Enigma , MBT Chakula GTX , Brooks Women s Trance, Nike Lady Free Run , Merrell Womens Mimosa, Adidas - Resolution , Sidi 2012 T3, SPIRA Genesis X, Bogs Women s Classic, ECCO Biom , Merrell Women s Siren, Womens The North, Ariat Women s Brossard, Womens Nike Shox, ECCO Women s Biom, New Balance W1340, Hunter Boot Huntress, MBT Women s Pata , Salomon Women s XA, Oboz Women s Sawtooth , Nike Air Max, Salomon X Ultra , Nike Lady Free Run, Le Chameau Clan Artica, ASICS GEL-Kinetic, Nike SHOX NZ , New Balance W587, ECCO Biom Golf, New Balance WW927 , Nike Women s Air , Timberland Mount Holly, Chung Shi Max , Merrell Chameleon , Dublin Aristocrat Dress
* not much here - but the sole did show slight separation. the actual *wear* on the sole is minimal, so I got some freesole and patched all the areas that were showing some split along the out edges. the boots look and hike as good as new again.
While disappointing, if the freesole holds, I will probably end up getting 3 seasons out of these, and do it in great comfort. If the freesole doesn't hold, I will go back to REI and get a replacement, but probably the exact same boots. Overall, this is a boot I would recommend, and get again!
I'm really impressed with this boot so far. The ankle support and grip have been superb. I've only hiked about 30-35 miles so far, as I'm just starting to break them in, but with the help of some thin wool socks and liners, I haven't even gotten a blister. That's probably rare but I'm happy about it.Nike Air Foamposite, Mens Nike Air, ASICS Gt-2170, Muck Boots Arctic, Salomon Men s Quest, ASICS Men s GEL-Nimbus, Mizuno Men s Wave, Mens Nike Air , NIKE AIR FOAMPOSITE, adidas Men s GSG-9.2, Mens New Balance M 998 , NIKE AIR JORDAN, Shimano 2013 Mountain Bike, Mens Nike Air Jordan, ASICS Men s Nimbus, Sorel Men s Caribou , Nike Shox Turbo, ECCO Men s Biom Walk , ASICS Men s Noosa , ASICS Men s GEL, Mizuno Men s Wave ,